Saturday, July 09, 2011

An Interview with Angel Haze

1. Tell us more about yourself.

I'm a Canadian author who is an avid reader of fantasy, thriller, and mystery novels. I
write both fantasy and thriller novels. My free time is spent dancing, fitness training with
P90x, watching movies and Game of Thrones. Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch is
co-authored by my husband, Slade Sewell. Slade grew up as an only child, and, therefore,
developed an active imagination. His free time is devoted to the three things he loves
most: hockey, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and RPG games.

2. Tell us more about the book you are promoting?

War of the Witch is a YA fantasy. It is the first of the Legacies of Talimura series. Here's
the blurb:

Debonair, a witch from the Unspoken Lands, has meddled in the forbidden practice of
magic and created an army of nightmarish proportions. When sixteen-year-old Astanyx
and his two best friends return from a hunting trip to find their small town of Polca
reduced to smoke and ash, they find themselves thrust into a battle for which they haven’t
been trained.

With the help of his comrades, including an esteemed warrior, one of the last great
wizards and a princess they’ve sworn to protect, Astanyx must fight to unite the
kingdoms of the humans, dwarves and elves. He must ask forbidden questions that no
one wants to answer, questions about Talimura’s dark history. As Debonair’s brutal
warriors lay siege to the kingdoms, Astanyx is driven to pursue a fateful quest for a blade
powerful enough to defeat the malevolent witch before she destroys the three kingdoms
and unleashes an unspeakable ancient evil.

3. How does this book describe you? How does it express your thoughts?

I write to entertain, but also to empty my mind. I couldn’t even imagine not writing. If I
didn’t have an outlet, I wouldn’t know what to do with my ideas. You’d probably hear
a few pings and see a few screws shoot across the room. But, don’t worry, it’s just me
going a little crazy. . . . Hmm. On second thought, maybe you should worry. J

4. What similarities do you find between yourself and your protagonist?

Like our hero, Astanyx, my husband, Slade, is a warrior who is not afraid to stand up
and fight or ask forbidden questions. I’m not the warrior my husband is. Far from it
actually. As much as I want to do what’s right, put me up against an orc or hellfang, and
I’d probably die. LOL.

5. What about you do you see in the antagonist?

Slade: Like Debonair, Slade wants world domination. He has an admiration for all
conquers. Debonair is just doing it for the wrong reasons.

Angel: To execute her plan for world domination, Debonair displays patience, initiative,
and strategy. She knows what she wants and goes after it. In that way, I am like
Debonair. I’m nowhere near as bold, but if I’m truly passionate about something I will
fight against all odds to achieve it. Like Debonair, some of my decisions can be a little
hasty and I often overlook a few red flags and that’s when things can backfire.

6. What music most appropriately suits your book?

That’s a good question. War of the Witch is actually the first book Slade hasn’t created
a soundtrack for. It would definitely include a lot of rock music and songs that express
confidence, courage, and heart.

7. What values do you wish to impart through your book?

Two major themes in War of the Witch are the challenge of making the transition from
childhood to adulthood and racial unity. As sixteen-year-old Astanyx loses his home,
his family and everything he’s ever known to the wrath of an army, he and his comrades
must travel across Talimura to unite the races of humans, dwarves, and elves. Only
by standing together will they have a chance against Debonair’s army of nightmarish
creatures.

Thanks for having me Haresh!

Legacies of Talimura: War of the Witch is available at Amazon and Smashwords for
$0.99.

US Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005965A64

UK Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005965A64

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/70412

Connect with us on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AngelHaze7
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angel-Haze/112457508837831
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4949334.Angel_Haze
Website: http://www.angelhaze.com

No comments: